150 Years of Family & Fair Traditions
Robertson County Fair
DEPARTMENT R - 4-H CLOVER STYLE SHOW & 4-H FUN WITH FASHION SHOW
Coordinator: Paige Reedy Betts
YOU MUST HAVE AN EXHIBITOR NUMBER TO ENTER
CLASS I - CLOVER STYLE SHOW
Tuesday, August 22, 4:30 PM - Fair Exhibit Hall- Public Invited
1. Open only to Robertson County 4 H members in grades 4-12 on January 1, this calendar year.
2. Garments modeled must have been constructed by entrant during the past year.
3. Garments may be entered in the 4 H or Open Clothing departments.
4. Complete registration form (available at the Extension Office) and description of garment by August 18, 2017. (Form can be downloaded here https://extension.tennessee.edu/Robertson/Pages/4-H-Style-Shows.aspx)
5. Be dressed and ready to line up by 4:30 pm.
6. For more information, call (615) 384-7936.
7. Eligible participants will advance to Regional Competition, Sept. 11, 2017 at the TN State Fair.
8. Only one entry per lot.
Beginning Sewing: Elastic Waist Garment: a skirt, pair of pants, skorts, or shorts with elastic in the waistband made by a 4-H member with 2 years or less sewing experience. Shirt or top may be purchased or handmade.
Accessory: Any personal accessory item made by the 4-H member, may include belt, scarf, purse, wallet, backpack, travel kit or bag, headband, hat, tie or bowtie. These items will be displayed during the contest instead of modeled by the participant.
School Wear: Complete outfit which includes pants outfits, skirts and tops, casual dresses, khakis and shirts, Capri pants or knee length shorts and tops, etc. This should be an outfit appropriate for your school.
Best Wear: Complete outfit which includes “dressy” dresses, suits including skirts or pants with shirts or blouses, sports jacket with coordinating shirts and slacks, and may include vests or coats. This should be an outfit appropriate for a faithbased event, award ceremony, 4-H Round Up, 4-H Congress, or job interview.
Formalwear: This category includes the best wear description above plus formal (long) or semi-formal (shorter lengths) prom-type or party dresses or tuxedos.
Altered by Me: A single garment altered by the 4-H member based on a commercial pattern. The commercial pattern jacket must be included with the data sheet along with a description of the alteration.
Designed by Me: Complete garment or outfit designed by the 4-H member. May include school wear best dress, or formalwear.
My Collection: Collection of three complete garments or outfits sewn, designed, or altered by the 4-H member. May include best wear, school wear, or formalwear. All garments must be constructed by the 4-H member.
Prizes: 1st $5, 2nd $3, 3rd $2
Lot 1 Beginning Sewing - Elastic Waist Garment (grades 4-5): a skirt, pair of pants, skorts, or shorts with elastic in the waistband made by a 4-H member with 2 years or less sewing experience. Shirt or top may be purchased or handmade.
Lot 2 Beginning Sewing (grades 6-12):Any complete outfit made by 4-H member with 2 years or less sewing experience.
Lot 3 Accessory -Grades 4-5
Lot 4 School Wear - Grades 4-5
Lot 5 Best Wear - Grades 4-5
Lot 6 Accessory - Grades 6-8
Lot 7 School Wear - Grades 6-8
Lot 8 Best Wear - Grades 6-8
Lot 9 Accessory - Grades 9-12
Lot 10 School Wear - Grades 9-12
Lot 11 Best Wear - Grades 9-12
Lot 12 Formal Wear - Grades 9-12
Lot 13 Altered By Me - Grades 6-8
Lot 14 Altered By Me - Grades 9-12
Lot 15 Designed By Me - Grades 6-8
Lot 16 Designed By Me - Grade 9-12
Lot 17 My Collection - Grades 9-12
CLASS II 4 H FUN WITH FASHION SHOW
Tuesday, August 22 at the Fair Exhibit Hall, immediately following Clover Style Show
1. Open only to Robertson County 4-H members, based on grades as of January 1, this calendar year.
2. Garments and accessories modeled by 4-Her may be constructed or purchased.
3. Refer to Scenarios for class descriptions.
4. Fun with Fashion will begin immediately following the Clover Style Show. Be dressed and ready to model.
5. Judging based on coordination and selection of ensemble appropriate for scenario/situation provided in advance for each category. Also considered will be accessories chosen to wear with outfit, appearance of outfit on model, and modeling ability.
6. SCENARIOS WILL BE PREPARED IN ADVANCE FOR EACH CATEGORY. Contact County Extension Office/4-H agent to get a copy of appropriate scenario for each lot. For scenarios visit https://extension.tennessee.edu/Robertson/Pages/4-H-Style-Shows.aspx
7. Submit registration form by August 18th. (or online at https://extension.tennessee.edu/Robertson/Pages/4-H-Style-Shows.aspx)
8. LIMIT TWO ENTRIES PER 4-H MEMBER-not in same lot, however participants may enter only one lot at the Regional Fun With Fashion Show at the TN State Fair, date Sept. 11, 2017.
Active Sports Wear: Complete outfit which includes shorts, skorts, jeans, T-shirts, blouses, or sports outfits or uniforms (no swimwear, sleepwear, bare midriffs, or messages on behinds.)
School Wear: Complete outfit which includes pants outfits, skirts and tops, casual dresses, khakis and shirts, capri pants and tops, etc. This should be an outfit appropriate for your school - except for jeans or shorts. (Jeans and shorts belong in Lots 1 and 4.)
Best Wear: Complete outfit which includes "dressy" dresses, suits including skirts or pants with shirts or blouses, sports jacket with coordinating shirts and slacks, and may include vests, capes or overcoats. This should be an outfit appropriate for a worship service, award ceremony, or job interview.
Prizes: 1st $5, 2nd $3, 3rd $2
Lot 1 Active Sports Wear Grades 4-5
Lot 2 School Wear Grades 4-5
Lot 3 Best Wear Grades 4-5
Lot 4 Active Sports Wear Grades 6-8
Lot 5 School Wear Grades 6-8
Lot 6 Best Wear Grades 6-8
Lot 7 School Wear Grades 9-12
Lot 8 Best Wear Grades 9-12
Lot 9 Formal Wear Grades 9-12