150 Years of Family & Fair Traditions
SPECIAL EVENTS DD - THE PARADE
Monday, August 21, 2017 5:00pm
Theme: "150 years of Family and Fair Traditions"
Contact: Rusty Fuqua (615) 306-0694
- No gum or candy to be thrown from parade participants. Vehicles with participants throwing candy will be removed from the parade route. Please note this is a child safety issue.
- Parade entries limited to: floats, antique cars, motorized vehicles, tractors, emergency vehicles, Fairest of the Fair entries on cars, bands, horses and horse drawn carriages, commercial entries that will be displayed in commercial booths at fair, entries of any non-profit organizations. Any entry other than that listed must receive approval from parade committee.
- All entries with sound or music must receive approval from parade committee.
- Please try to incorporate our theme “150 years of Family and Fair Traditions” for your parade entry.
- No bicycles or pedestrians to mingle with parade entries while parade is enroute.
- Lineup will begin at 4:00pm at 10th Avenue and Hill Street.
- Parade will begin promptly at 5:00pm, Monday, August 21st.
- Fair board reserves the right to reject any entries.
- Each participating high school marching band will receive travel expenses, not to exceed $75.
- Parade winner will be posted in fair office.
- Race cars or high performance vehicles must be on a trailer.
- No parade entries will be permitted to turn around and join normal highway traffic on Memorial Blvd. to return to parade starting point. Parade entries must utilize North Main Street.
$150 awarded to best decorated float
$150 awarded to best marching band
(No use of Armour All or similar products on vehicles in parking lot of parade lineup)